Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Oh Boy! Baby Quilt

This is a baby boy quilt I made for a colleague at work.  It's going to a very young couple in their mid 20s and this is their first child.

Oh Boy! Scrumptiousness 46 x 80
My spell check insists that scrumptiousness is not a word.  But I say it is.  So there.

The pattern is Scrumptious Scrappy Chevron Picnic Quilt from the Moda Bake Shop.  I wanted something quick and easy because I procrastinated too long and had to get it finished before her Baby Shower (today) and a family illness I needed to work around.  The fabric is the Riley Blake Designs Oh Boy! by Lori Whittlock in cottons.  I'm not a big fan of flannel but it's also offered in flannel if that floats your boat.  The background fabric for the chevrons is a solid (spearmint I think was the color) I picked up at my local JoAnn's.

I wanted to try to quilt it myself, but was too scared I'd mess it up.  Hopefully this will be my last quilt that I don't quilt myself.  In future posts I'll be sharing some of my horrible practice quilting.  Right now I'm just going back and forth on the same king sized piece of muslin with different color threads so I can see my work.

This is my 25th lifetime quilt and 5th finish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment